About a month ago, I got tagged for a meme (didn’t know what it was then) by my blog buddy Cow Gal. Now that I’ve figured it out (and also figured out how to edit web addresses… go me!) I am going to complete the challenge and pass it on. I know you’ve probably all been tagged to death, but this is a new thing for me, so pretend like I’m not a total idiot and play along, okay? *grin* And if memes aren’t your thing, well, then, that’s okay too.
Here are the rules:
* Link back to me
* Post theses rules on your meme post
* Share seven random things about you…or as many as you like.
* Tag seven other fun-loving blog friends that need something to write about!
* And let them know…so they can do it
And the seven random people that I’ll be tagging are below:
Okay, here goes:
1. When I was in third grade I had a moderate case of Chicken Pox, which led to a disease called Bell’s Palsy. I was one of the few children in the US known to have contracted it. The left half of my face was completely paralyzed for almost six months. My smile is still a little lop-sided, and when I get tired the muscles in my face droop.
2. I prefer raw cake batter to the actual baked cake. (Salmonella, anyone?)
3. I am a very organized person, even though my house is in a constant state of chaos.
4. I have excellent handwriting, which is common, and I write very well on a chalk or white board, which is not. It’s the teacher in me, I guess.
5. I have played the piano for 28 years. I started lessons when I was five, and continued until I left for college. I won a piano scholarship in high school, and I was the Sterling Scholar in music. (Is SS a Utah thing, or is it nationwide?) Now I play for fun, and for my kids’ enjoyment. Just recently I sat down to show off from my old lesson books, and I looked like a fool. What I was playing in junior high was too difficult for me to sightread. Ugh.
6. I have a hard time eating my vegetables. (Sssh, don’t tell my kids.) Seriously, though, it’s hard to eat them without making that scrunched-nose face. I love carrots and sweet potatoes, but the green ones get me. I can choke down green beans and broccoli with a fair effort, but peas? GAG! If I could drink a case of V-8 and get the RDA that way, I would.
7. Fall is my favorite season, mainly because it’s when school starts. As a kid, and later as a teacher, I was enchanted by new school supplies, new books, new students and planning a new year. You’d think January would have the same “new” effect, but no… just September. As a related note: I could spend a fortune in an office-supply store. My husband never lets me go in one unattended. *blush*