Peeps– But only in yellow, blue, or pink. (I consider myself a Peeps purist.) The new colors freak me out. Kendra had RED peeps in her basket. Red. What is that all about?
- Marshmallow Eggs– My. Absolute. Favorite. ‘Nuff said.
- Cadbury Mini Eggs– Love these, but in small doses. My favorite is to crack the candy shell with my teeth, eat it first, and then savor the chocolate as it melts slowly on my tongue.
- Jellybeans– White is my favorite color, just edging out red. I like the Starburst jellybeans too, and Jelly Bellies, but Easter just isn’t Easter without big fat generic jellybeans.
- M & Ms– Not just for the cute retro commercial (“Thanks, Easter Bunny!” “Bock, bock!”), but because my parents used to fill up little clear-top candy holders with the pastel-shelled wonders. It was fun to open those holders, and nearly impossible to get all the M & Ms back inside. Naturally, you had to eat the spillage. It was heartbreaking when those little plastic chickens broke and Mom got tired of taping them together. *sigh*
- Rolos– I know these aren’t technically an Easter candy, but I get a package in my Christmas stocking and in my Easter basket. I prefer the harder-shelled ones, where the chocolate gently breaks between your teeth, and not the ones that are soft and smushy.
- Malted Milk Eggs– I didn’t like these as well for eating, but what fashionable little girl didn’t use them as a lipstick? It also seemed to be true that the cheaper the candy, the better the coating came off on your lips. (And fingers. And face. And clothes. And…)
- Pastel Candy Corn– Probably tastes exactly the same as the regular stuff, but because it’s pink, green, purple and yellow, it’s different. More spring-ish. Eastery. Whatever.
UPDATE: No Rolos in my Easter bag this year. I got Riesens instead. It’s okay, though. They’re chocolate. I’m happy. 🙂