- I slept in until 8:24.
- I shoveled the snow that fell last night– in my pajamas.
- I hosted a custody exchange.
- I fed my kids donuts for breakfast. (Chocolate ones, left over from yesterday’s class party.)
- I took all four kids to the Primary party at the church. (This is the first time they’ve all been old enough to go. Yesssss!)
- I reveled in the peace and quiet at home.
- Caught up on e-mails.
- Sorted laundry and started a batch.
- Cleaned up the downstairs bath, where the dogs sleep. Reeses had some… uh… gastrointestinal issues last night. (Just thinking about the smell makes me gag.)
- Got Kenny up for work at noon.
- Picked the kids up from the party.
- Fed them lunch. (Bacon & Cheese Penne Pasta)
- Gave both dogs a bath.
- Washed the dog bedding.
- Looked through 15 days of newspapers and recycled them.
- Read a little in my newest library book, Another Mother’s Life
- Spent a little time on Facebook, chatting with Jennifer.
- Helped Kendra sew pillows and a sleeping bag for her Tinkerbell doll. (I did not hand-sew that well at 16… let alone eight.)
- Made chocolate pretzel buttons with my kids.
- Hosted another custody exchange.
- Had a fun, quick drop-in visit with my dad.
- Made homemade pizza crust for individual pizzas.
- Helped kids assemble pizzas (Happy Valentine’s Day, kids!) and said nothing about the amount of cheese atop each one.
- Wrote blog post.
It’s just after 8:00 PM, and in the next hour I will put my kids to bed and wait for Kenny to get off of work. He’s going to pick up some sushi on the way home, and I’m going to try it for the first time. (I’m going the safe route– it’s a roll combo with California, tuna and salmon.)
It hasn’t been the most romantic Valentine’s Day I’ve ever experienced, but I am very happy with what we accomplished today. (It was the two hours of quiet this morning. It set the whole tone of my day!) 😀
I hope you had an enjoyable Valentine’s Day as well.